1. Topline is stagnant
2. Margins are declining
3. I have unpredictable revenue
CURRENT MARKETING TACTICS:
2. Begging PR for mentions
3. Organic social posts
4. Weekly blogs (for their SEO)
5. Supporting the sales team with materials and proposals
6. Monthly email newsletters to one audience, just whoever is in the existing database These tactics all occur in silos, without a holistic strategy.
Many tactics are missing or mis-prioritized.
They say things like: “We’re a relationship business.” “But we have a blog! That’s all we need.” “Oh, Facebook ads? Those didn’t work for us (hmmm wonder why? I imagine the buyer understanding, content, and multi-touch wasn’t in place)” “Hubspot doesn’t work. We tried that” (the tool is NOT the fool)
1. Short-term focused
2. Lack of skills or understanding of how to re-engineer their sales and marketing strategy
3. Fear of lack of ROI -Loss aversion
Read more like this
Blog B2B Sales Turnover is 35% What can we do about it? According to the Bridge Group, B2B salespeople turnover is 35%. While some turnover can be good, 35% is not sustainable and indicates there’s a problem. Many of the people surveyed said burnout was one of...
Blog Playbook: Value Prop Testing Familiar with this business? - Growth from referrals has reached a plateau. - Cold calling doesn't work like it used to. - Haven't effectively hit the market proactively with their message yet. - Not sure what value prop will...
VIDEO Top 10 Sales Challenges Do you relate with any of these? Interviewed 100+ CEOs and heads of Sales. Here are the Top 10 Sales Challenges. What would you add? Read more like this