Sales, Marketing, and the Business
- Topline is stagnant
- Margins are declining
- I have unpredictable revenue
CURRENT MARKETING TACTICS:
- Begging PR for mentions
- Organic social posts
- Weekly blogs (for their SEO)
- Supporting the sales team with materials and proposals
- Monthly email newsletters to one audience, just whoever is in the existing database These tactics all occur in silos, without a holistic strategy.
Many tactics are missing or mis-prioritized.
They say things like: “We’re a relationship business.” “But we have a blog! That’s all we need.” “Oh, Facebook ads? Those didn’t work for us (hmmm wonder why? I imagine the buyer understanding, content, and multi-touch wasn’t in place)” “Hubspot doesn’t work. We tried that” (the tool is NOT the fool)
- Short-term focused
- Lack of skills or understanding of how to re-engineer their sales and marketing strategy
- Fear of lack of ROI -Loss aversion