1. Topline is stagnant
2. Margins are declining
3. I have unpredictable revenue
CURRENT MARKETING TACTICS:
2. Begging PR for mentions
3. Organic social posts
4. Weekly blogs (for their SEO)
5. Supporting the sales team with materials and proposals
6. Monthly email newsletters to one audience, just whoever is in the existing database These tactics all occur in silos, without a holistic strategy.
Many tactics are missing or mis-prioritized.
They say things like: “We’re a relationship business.” “But we have a blog! That’s all we need.” “Oh, Facebook ads? Those didn’t work for us (hmmm wonder why? I imagine the buyer understanding, content, and multi-touch wasn’t in place)” “Hubspot doesn’t work. We tried that” (the tool is NOT the fool)
1. Short-term focused
2. Lack of skills or understanding of how to re-engineer their sales and marketing strategy
3. Fear of lack of ROI -Loss aversion
Read more like this
Swivel is happy to announce that David McGlynn will be joining the team as our newest Chief Strategist. Most recently, the senior vice president of strategy & marketing at Planes Companies, David is a highly energetic, senior marketer, brand strategist and unique...
Let’s Calculate Your Buyer-Experience (BX) Score Just answer 5 questions. 1 = Not at all 2 = A little 3 = Totally! We do this well. 1.Do you know the journey your buyer is taking to purchase your solution? 2.Do you have content for each stage in the...
Blog Most Marketers Don't Know Modern Marketing Most marketers don’t know modern marketing. [One could have 5 years experience and be far more effective than someone with 10 years experience - if it was truly maximized learning.] Why? These are my guesses: 1....